live for today


live for today seems a little cliche to permanently write on your foot, but at 17 I thought it was epic. I felt it was the perfect way to describe how I was going to live my life.

seize the day
no regrets

Contrary to popular belief of Carpe Diem meaning "Seize the Day," the direct translation was originally discovered as "What Will be, Will be"; however, centuries of varied use of this phrase has evolved its meaning to what we believe it to be now. The full quote Carpe diem quam minimum credula poster  translates to "Seize the Day, putting as little trust as possible in the future", and that the future is unforeseen, and that instead you should scale back your hopes to a brief future, and drink more wine.


As I am getting closer to almost 10 years since I got that tattoo (scary thought I know) I do not regret my tattoo as many people often think someone would getting ink at a young age. Although I probably did not need to literally write this message on my foot in order to continue to take every opportunity life sends my way and make the most of it.

Today, I still love my tattoo. Even though it is faded and the font is too small. I love it. 
It is a part of me, who I was then and who I am now.




Comments

Popular Posts