Buck and Doe Season


For those who don't know what a buck and doe is  . . .

stag and doe partystag and drag partyhen and stag partybuck and doe party, or a jack and jill party is a party and fundraiser for an engaged couple.

Canada

In Canada, a stag and doe, or buck and doe, is a wedding tradition popular in Southern Ontario.The event is usually organized by the bridal party, but in some circumstances may also be held by the bride and groom before they are married, similar to a 'Jack & Jill.' It acts as a fundraiser for the wedding. Guests purchase entrance tickets and are entertained by draws, food and drink, music and fun and games. It is not a combined bachelor party and bachelorette party, or engagement party, as the primary focus is to raise money for the engaged couple, so their new life together is not started in debt. The intent of a stag and doe party is specifically to make a profit. Often, people who may not be close enough to the engaged couple to warrant an invitation to the wedding or reception (especially in the case of a small wedding), will attend the stag and doe so as to be part of the overall wedding celebration. Hosting a stag and doe party does not preclude the couple from participating in other wedding-related parties, such as a bridal showerbachelor partybachelorette party, and so on.



Buck and Doe season for us is usually spring and into early summer.I have already missed the buck and doe (bnd) for my good friends, Jenna and Junior.I have checked out the pictures posted, and heard from some friends that it was a GREAT time! I am so happy for them! In the next two months I will miss the BNDs of two people who I standing up for in their wedding. I am supposed to be there helping to decorate, sell shooters, and dance up a storm but instead I am in Taiwan. It breaks my heart to miss out on such a great party, but I will be home to celebrate soon. I want to wish Jenalyn and Matt, and Diana and Brad the best of luck with their parties, and I hope they remember to actually take time to enjoy their own bash!










Comments

Popular Posts