halloween ...



A group of "Fairies" united to hit up Halloween Massive in Taipei for Benny Benassi ... who this guy is I still have no idea. Apparently he is some huge techno DJ and this rave was a big deal. To me it was a huge room with music that was so loud it shook my organs... an hour line up to pee ... and everyone dances facing the DJ and not with each other ... clearly my first rave and I was not prepared.

I love dressing up for Halloween but for me the fun can be lost here in Asia ... it can be difficult to come up with a costume and the issue of no one understanding who you are due to cultural differences is a large factor to the lack of effort in my costumes.

For me it was also difficult to remember that for JP, Halloween is not a traditional holiday. His understanding was that everyone got dressed up in costumes and got drunk. This assumption made me sad because for some years now that is all I let one of my favorite holidays be ...

But now I am starting to look forward to the days I can hand out candy to the kids in the neighborhood who come trick or treating. I want to see my students dressed up and have classroom Halloween themed activities and parties. I want to try Halloween recipes, decorating my house, pumpkin carving with my family and watching classic Halloween cartoons. I want to visit haunted houses, corn mazes, and go apple picking. Finally, if I go "out" for Halloween (I am not that old that I don't want to go out at all!) I want the night to be about making costumes and getting dressed up with friends so that we can spend the night talking, laughing and dancing together.


Maybe I am out growing my Halloween party hard days and my love of this holiday is beginning to change into something new ...


Comments

  1. denise ritchie! you for SURE know who benny benassi is! i almost spit my nighttime snack out of my mouth when i read that. i will find a song you know and make you download it. im sure we've danced to one at some point! :) love your contacts...they scare me.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow thats intence dee never thought i would hear you say those things about halloween. wish you could have been here to go out trick or treating with my pumpkins...maybe next year! Love you misss you! Love Dani booboo and booger butt! xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts